Senior Instructional Designer
Senior Instructional Designers are an integral part of the Xpan Interactive team, focused on developing quality content for web-enabled eLearning applications. The right candidate will be responsible for developing curricula that adhere to core adult learning principles, ensuring that the end product adheres to client style guides, and is presented with appropriate voice. The successful candidate will be responsible for updating, maintaining, designing, and developing educational tools, templates, and demonstrations. This position interacts with other multimedia specialists and may be required to help with additional development of graphical and eLearning materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, repurpose, edit, and proof curriculum, script, and developed content.
- Assist in the development of blended eLearning applications.
- Participate in the development of wireframes, templates, and storyboards.
- Assist others, as needed, in project design and development.
- Collaborate with Project Management to ensure quality projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Develop and implement the strategy, goals, and objectives of Xpan Interactive Ltd.
Skills and Expertise
- Excellent communication skills, with a focus on expert writing skills
- A foundational understanding of adult learning principles
- Knowledge of design and development methodologies for eLearning courses, simulations, and demonstrations
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience in implementing web-based enterprise solutions (LMS, LCMS) considered an asset
- Familiarity with authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline considered an asset
Education & Experience
- Certificate or Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or Technical Communication (CTDP, B.Ed, BC)
- 5+ years of experience as an Instructional Designer of eLearning content
- Experience in the communications or multimedia field is considered an asset
If you would like to join a top-notch team of smart, creative, enthusiastic professionals producing engaging interactive media for great clients, send your resume to careers at xpan.ca.